Thursday, November 6, 2008

Dear Arizona, Arkansas, California and Florida:

You have broken my heart. The fact that you seek to deny love to those who wish to multiply it, is unforgivable. The fact that you deny children a safe haven in a loving home, with parents who dearly want to give love, is unforgivable.

The fact that you made the effort to mark a box, effectively saying "I choose to deny others to have the same rights and opportunities as I do" makes me sad. For a short moment, there was light that the world had changed, and then you checked that box, exchanging one discrimination for another.

There was a moment I thought I could go back to church. After seeing the efforts made to bring this to pass, to consider myself a part of such would tear at the fabric of who I am.

No comments: