Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Food, Glorious Food

I just realized I forgot to take a picture of the lasagna. Drat!!!! I have cooked every meal since I have been home for Christmas. Partly because I love to cook, partly so I don't have to do the dishes. It's called smarts.

Sunday night, Tuna Casserole. One of Dad's favorites, and since he isn't feeling well these days, I thought we should make him something he would enjoy.

Monday night, Lasagna. My favorite dish to make. Sausage and ground beef, two bags of shredded italian cheeses, cottage cheese (cuz I'm simple like dat) and marinara between the layers. Bubbly, cheesy, melty. Yum!

Tuesday, Christmas Breakfast. I could do this in my sleep. Guaranteed, we have the same meal every year after opening gifts. I believe, with every fiber of my being, that if this meal were not served in my parents house on Christmas morning, the Earth would reverse its rotation. Pillsbury cinnamon rolls, link sausage, scrambled eggs. It can't be beat.

Tuesday, Christmas Dinner. This was a two person job. Mom made the mac n crack and I made the pork loin. After a Potato Adventure (ask James) to find some olive oil at 11am Christmas morning, I made a marinade of Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar, Garlic and Rosemary. Take a look.



Mom found the recipe for Martha Stewart's Macaroni and Cheese a few years ago and it has become a favorite round these parts. I had to make a special request this year, I was having some serious Mac N Crack cravings. I wish you could see the bubbling goodness. Yummy.
Needless to say, we were stuffed as there was also green bean casserole, apple sauce and yeast rolls to be eaten. We usually go see a movie Christmas afternoon but after Dad announced he needed to rest, we all gladly agreed that naps were a preferred alternative.

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and enjoyed every last bite.

1 comment:

James and Jeni said...

Glad you had a good day. Wish we could have been there.