Sunday, August 17, 2008

Friendly Reminder

The last year has been a maze. I've gone between knowing where I was inside of it, to being completely blind to my surroundings. During those times of clarity, I had an inner compass guiding me. I was focused and steady, knowing exactly what needed to be done. Then, I encountered my own personal Minotaur. An otherworldly bull, fighting me and blinding me to my goal.

Reality became darker and darker, I lost my balance. Falling away from the strength I had built up. I was forced to consider a completely different course. I struggled to deal with the confusion and frustration, not always gracefully. It felt like war was being waged and the enemy was virtually pitting good versus evil. There was no Greek hero to save us from him, only our faith that in the end we would find a resolution in the best interest of our new little friend.

It has been a few weeks since the war ended. The epilogue is being completed and I have had trouble finding the right words. The blindfold was still covering my eyes, ears and heart. Last night, inspiration came from someone I hadn't expected. He reminded me of my focus, the goal I had always been working towards but had become distracted from. There are not many times in my life that I have physically felt weight being lifted from my soul, and I am so grateful to be able to see the light again.

No comments: